[Year 12 SofDev] VB Net problem

Alex Hopkins a.hopkins at bcc.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 17 14:34:03 EST 2008

At my school we've recently installed VB.NET 2008 version, and when one of
my students tried to interact with a database he'd created, the program
reported that he didn't have the necessary IO permissions
(System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission).  (However, that the 2008
version is in use is probably irrelevant.) We then tried saving a text
file, with the same result. Could someone who has worked through this
problem before please let us know what to do, and possibly allow our
computer technician to contact them to work through this?

The student is doing the year 11 IT course, but I think you guys would be
the most likely to know what needs doing.

TIA,

Alex Hopkins
Bayside Christian College