[Year 12 SofDev] RE: Industry practice - Tertiary links

Jack Matthews jack_m_matthews at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 27 23:49:31 EST 2008

"Other conceivable roles for VCE  IT would be to give students "advanced standing" so that they might  skip IT 101"

This is actually a really good idea.  If students knew they could get a subject credit for first year and alleviate the load a little I think you would definitely get students joining the course, especially if you marketed it in this way.  This would of course require consultation and agreement from universities.  Maybe people could do a quick survey in their classes to see what the students think.

Jack Matthews
Former Teacher at Yarram Secondary College