[Year 12 SofDev] My U3O1 SAC - 2008

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Apr 11 10:22:48 EST 2008

Hi Andrew,

I agree with you in some ways - but there are key theory elements to U3O1
that also play a large part in the exam - such as DFDs.  I don't really
think that many of the U3O1 questions are comprehension - if they are, I
think you should have a careful look at the way that you have constructed
your SAC.

The exam is 50% - but remember that it is more than that.  The 50% internal
and the 50% exam are not equal - the exam is used to moderate the internal
assessment - and as such plays a very important role in determining where
your students are placed in the scheme of things.

I must confess that I love to spend more time on programming than the theory
- and my students really enjoy this.  But at the same time I ensure that
they are doing a large amount of set theory work out of class to keep them
up to date with the course.  My 2c worth!

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson,

VITTA President

Director of ICT,

Melbourne High School,

Forrest Hill, South Yarra 3141 Australia.

Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711

Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767

E-mail:  <mailto:janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au>
janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au

Website:  <http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au> http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au

Blog:  <http://jansona.edublogs.org/> http://jansona.edublogs.org