[Year 12 SofDev] RE: VB.NET help needed - Hafoka Ross

Schlanger, Harry P schlanger.harry.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Jul 6 14:09:33 EST 2007

Hi Hafoka,

To search the database just set the .CommandText with a SELECT query that has a criterion. You can first setup and run this query in Access to test. Then copy the SQL from the Access SQL window and paste it in the VB.net code. Have a look at my SAC project as I've done precisely this.

Have a try and if you still have trouble, feel free to send me the project + database to harryS at ozonline.com.au and I'll fix it for you.

Note, your email did not get to the list so I'm replying to the list. You need to type in: sofdev at edulists.com.au

Regards,

Harry Schlanger