[Year 12 SofDev] VB.NET help needed

Hafoka Ross hafr at jpc.vic.edu.au
Fri Jul 6 13:43:44 EST 2007

Hi all,

I am preparing my SAC I for Unit 4 and I am now "stuck" with one
functionality that I just can't work out. I am trying to implement a
'search routine' to search a database created in Access with VB.NET
interface as a 'front-end'. To save me time and headaches, I wonder if
someone out there has written a search routine that I may be able to
use. If anyone out there can help then please let me know.

To Harry Schlanger, thank you so much for your codes - I have used some
of your codes in my Outcome too. Originally I used the Server Explorer
to make the connection, DataAdater to create Dataset and the Databidings
Property for Navigation around the database and it worked but after
looking at your codes, I redesigned the whole thing and it is working
perfectly. All I need now is a search routine and I will be done with my
SAC 1.

Cheers to you all and happy working with VB.NET

Mr Ross Loseli Ma'ukie Hafoka
Head of Information Technology Department
John Paul College
FRANKSTON VIC 3199