[Psychology] Psych Question

Kate Lefel Kate.Lefel at wesleycollege.net
Tue Oct 17 13:07:15 EST 2006

Hi Jane
I wouldn't stress about it - Ross' notes sound like they explain
elaborative rehearsal by looking at the levels of processing theory,
which proposes that we process info at either a structural, phonemic or
semantic level. Studies have simply shown that semantic level processing
is most effective in transferral of info to LTM - thus elaborative
rehearsal.
I can't promise it won't be on the exam in that form -  but the levels
of processing theory is NOT on the study design. I won't be teaching
it.
Cheers
Kate

Kate Lefel
Senior School Head of House - Draper
Wesley College
620 High Street Road
Glen Waverley VIC 3150
Ph: (03) 8102 6711
Fax: (03) 9803 0851
Email: kate.lefel at wesleycollege.net

>>> Jane.Dwyer at kds.vic.edu.au 12/10/2006 11:44:36 am >>>
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question.

A student of mine went to a lecture run by Roger Edwards and he spoke
about Elaborative Rehearsal.

This is what he said students need to know:

- structural encoding

- phonemic encoding

- semantic encoding.

There is nothing written about this in my textbooks and so I wondered
what you all thought about this with regards to being learnt for the
end
of year exam.

Thanks,

Jane.

Wesley College Melbourne is a world class coeducational independent school
developing the whole person through timeless principles of learning:
- to know
- to do
- to live with
- to be
with innovation and wisdom

Success has a purple lining

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please email a reply to Wesley
College and destroy the original message.