[Opensource] Re: LUV October Beginner's Workshop - Sat 17 Oct 2009

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 22:56:01 EST 2009

I quite agree,

these workshops are great to get your head around Linux or opensource
software. They cater well from the mildly curious to the passionate geek.
It is also a good chance to meet up with designers who use tools such as
Gimp and Inkscape. At a meeting I attended there was a retired chap who just
wanted a hand with using a Linux DVD that came with a magazine. He left with
much more. From what I have learned, I can better understand some of what my
technicians are doing and share some of this with my students back at
school.

Bring along your teachers laptop and have some fun. :-)

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au