[Opensource] monitoring your web servers

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Mon Nov 2 08:26:31 EST 2009

Hi Roland,

 We used Big Brother for many years with a set of "traffic lights" showing all services on multiple servers down do disc space usage, DNS, Mail, DHCP etc with the option to SMS one or more numbers when a trigger point was breached.

 Just imagine techs and ICT coordinators .

This can prevent the regular "is the internet down ?", is "email down?" , "is the system down?"  as techs/ICT coordinators carrying books, going to class , sitting at lunch, going to the toilet are confronted with several times per day/week !!

Enjoy ....

Kevork Krozian
kevork at edulists.com.au
www.edulists.com.au