[Opensource] BBC Article - Schools warned off Microsoft

Jim Maunder techo at ruyton.vic.edu.au
Wed Oct 31 12:08:01 EST 2007

At 10:26 AM 31/10/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Jim,
>
>As a replacement to Publisher you could try Scribus.

Just had a play - seems ok, and you can set it up so the gui is
French, which suits us. I have passed it on to our French teacher. We
have a French Immersion stream in junior school, and use StarOffice
(and XP) with a French gui, but the main thing they missed is
Publisher, so well loved by students.

>Also have you looked at the Base database program included with Open
>Office?

Yes, it imports the tables fine, but imports the queries as tables
too. Students don't use Access, but I do, and I'm too lazy to do all
the macros and code again!

rgds
Jim

We have to use this Disclaimer

Views, opinions, etc. expressed reflect those of the author and not
Ruyton Girls' School

Jim Maunder
Ruyton Girls School
Melbourne, Australia