[Opensource] Stellarium and Celestia

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Sun Feb 11 21:54:11 EST 2007

<quote who="Roland Gesthuizen">

> Stellarium and Celestia are two very cool (and very free) open source
> astronomy software packages.

We had some computers set up for school kids at the Education Expo in Sydney
last year (about 10,000 attendees or so). We had kids queued up waiting to
play with our computers and they had only the following things set up:

Edubuntu (the Education version of Ubuntu) with the following age based
activities which were _very_ successful, so they might be useful to some of
you :)

K - 3
    - Gcompris (an education suite for younger kids with about 30 games
      therein)
    - Tuxpaint
    - Tuxracer

4 - 6
    - Tuxracer
    - GIMP
    - Gcompris
    - Tuxtype

7 - 12
    - GIMP
    - Open Office
    - Write down 5 apps that would be useful to you

Anyway, the challenge pages are attached for interests sake.

I've also attached a thing I did a while ago that maps learning objectives
with some Open Source projects. Probably out of date, but it might be useful
to some :)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

   "Is kneeling a criteria for talking to you?" - Philip Lindsay to Jeff