[Moodle] Moodle 2, WebDAV & Cloud storage

Arnott, Suzanne S arnott.suzanne.s at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Nov 12 12:18:00 EST 2012

Fantastic :)

From: moodle-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:moodle-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of HEW Donald (HewD)
Sent: Monday, 12 November 2012 12:09 PM
To: moodle at edulists.com.au
Subject: [Moodle] Moodle 2, WebDAV & Cloud storage

Colleagues

This is a follow up from my email sent a few months ago regarding Moodle 2 and WebDAV.

I have made a number of progress regarding Moodle 2 using iPad (and other mobile devices). It seemed that WebDAV repository was not behaving properly rather than incorrect WebDAV configuration on my server. The breakthrough for me is that "WebDAV server" must include the port number and you must leave the "WebDAV server port" entry EMPTY. I have also found that each user must create their own WebDAV repository pointing to their own Home Directory. WebDAV Configuration for my school is available from http://www.vermontsc.vic.edu.au/curriculum/ipad/webdav. There are other documents on our website regarding iPad as well.

For other cloud services, I managed to get Google Drive, Microsoft Skydrive, Dropbox repositories all working successfully.

The other plugin/module I found very useful is the Slideshow http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=599 and with a minor modification (see https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=38935) in one of the php file I got it working under Moodle v2.3.2+.

If there are any schools interested in more information, you can email me <hewd at vermontsc.vic.edu.au<mailto:hewd at vermontsc.vic.edu.au>> directly.