[Moodle] An open education vision for 2020

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 20:44:47 EST 2009

There have been discussions on some of the other lists
http://lists.luv.asn.au/wws/info/edu-sig about the large 10" touch screen
technologies about to hit the scene .. in fact I reckon that they will
overtake the current Netbook fad (now I am sticking my neck out) .. Like you
Laurie, I am sensitive to issues related to readability with smaller
screens.

Crikey, even Ubuntu Linux Desktop has the drivers for touchscreens.
     <goog_1258009471294>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1pqguqkA2Y

and the future OLPC model XO2 will embrace this technology with a very
robust build, low cost and weight.
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzTobDDOnkA

if you like books, of course there is the LifeScribe technology that I have
seen talked about at Monash Uni.
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livescribe

Now, imagine a mash of this portable technology in the hands of a child and
the freedom that they will have to carry and create.

Regards Roland