[Moodle] Learning Management: managing learning? managing students?

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Mon Nov 9 13:22:32 EST 2009

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry, but I hate my mobile phone and I hate my son's iPhone. I don't
like the style of input, which I find slow and cumbersome, and while I'm
comfortable with 11pt screen fonts, my eyesight is quite poor so a mobile
device screen is unfriendly. I like having a large screen with two or three
apps open simultaneously so I'm happy using Outlook and One Note for my
administration. For me, and I suspect others with failing eyesight,
usability trumps size every time.

(Oh! and I don't, and do not ever intend to, own a Kindle - you can't
physically flip the pages to find the quote you annotated ten years ago or
the marginalia your friend added when you last lent them your copy of "<add
your favourite title>". And nothing beats new book smell ... except maybe
for old book smell!)

Laurie Savage
PVGC