[Moodle] Ultranet quick timeline of history

Donald Hew HewD at vermontsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Nov 9 10:06:05 EST 2009

Kevork & Moodlers

According to DEECD site <http://www.education.vic.gov.au/management/ultranet>, Ultranet started from 2004.

My own opinion is that Ultranet is designed from an administrative perspective and try to include Learning Management module. Whereas Moodle is designed from a Learning Management perspective and try to include any administrative modules. BTW, Web 2.0 is not just forum, blog and wiki...

Vermont SC can't sit still and wait for Ultranet (and any future "service packs" to make it stable and usable). So we have decided to use eWorkSpace (commercial web-based package) for administration and keep Moodle for classroom interaction.

Teaching VCE Software Development, I have learn to appreciate the good and bad parts of all systems. Nothing is perfect. So use whatever package to fulfil your requirements, as long as you are well informed of all possible scenarios at the time.
---