[Moodle] Moodle server thrashing

BJ Honey honey.brendan.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Feb 4 11:10:21 EST 2009

Hi Laurie,

A bit rusty on this, but I believe it has something to do with your SQL
configuration and possibly php.ini (don't have access to a working system
anymore!).  I would check the config files for your PHP and MySQL systems
(my.ini).  Depending on what version of MySQL you are using, the default
connections may be too low for the volume of traffic your students are
generating.  Both MySQL and PHP files can be found in /etc or by searching
for them from the command prompt.  To be completely up front I have only had
a quick look at Ubuntu, having had more experience with RedHat and Fedora
iterations, however, I believe the basics will be the same.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers

B J Honey

Admin at Large