[Moodle] Help Please

Frances Westley frances.westley at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 15 19:46:49 EST 2008

Can anyone please help with the following problem?

I am new to Moodle and am trying to set it up a computer to run
Moodle.  I have used Moodle a little so know what it is about.

I have downloaded the latest Moodle 4 Mac (1.9)
I have put MAMP into the Applications folder and have it running OK.
In the MAMP folder  there is the Link to Moodle.
I opened this in Firefox (latest version).
The link is http://localhost:8888/moodle18 which is what the folder
is called.  So all should be OK.
BUT I just get an error message saying the
requested URL /moodle18/ was not found on this server. ????

I also have Moodle running on my old computer.  This is a site they
my friend Ellen set up about 18 months ago and neither of us can
remember the admin password, so I cannot add or edit anything.

I have check the computers one against the other and the settings
appear to be the same.

So I am stuck - the new one won't open for me to set up and the old
one I cannot get anything I try to work as the administrator password.

If anyone can shed any light as to what my next move could be I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Fran Westley