[Moodle] How do I back up my moodle?

ARNOTT Suzanne SA at emc.vic.edu.au
Fri Jan 25 10:31:25 EST 2008

Hi all.....
Desperate to not repeat the errors of last year where I lost
everything.... the techs have moved my Moodle site to a new server (why
I have no idea) and installed the latest version.
Now they want to move the info over.... last year when they did this I
lost nearly everything I had put on... and I don't really want to start
all over again....
How do I back up my stuff (the whole site) and move it over to the new
server without losing data????
Any help??
Cheers
Suz
PS... I would have thought they would move the site, then run the
upgrade.... but that is not what they have done. I suggested they join
in the Moodle moot on the weekend, but have had no interest. I can't
make it due to family commitments.

Suzanne Arnott
Assistant Manager of ICT
Photography and Multimedia Coordinator