[Moodle] OT - Help Please - Anti-Virus Software recommendations?

Ngo, Ben B ngo.ben.b at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Jul 28 11:56:45 EST 2006

I thought Symantec Antivirus was recommended by the Department of Education?

We're using Symantec Antivirus on one of our Microsoft servers (Microsoft Windows 2003) updates to the latest Antivirus definitions and it passes all the updates down to all our Novell servers (Novell 6 & 6.5). And from the Novell servers it updates down the Tree to every XP workstation in the school.
I don't know much about VET and we chose Symantec because it's free from DET.

Ben Ngo
TSP Co-ordinating Technician
South Gippsland Region
PH: 0403 014 008