[Moodle] Moodle 1.6 - anyone leapt in ?

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Thu Jul 20 19:28:16 EST 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 06:29:10PM +1000, Kevork Krozian wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We too upgraded to Moodle 1.6 today ( from ver 1.4x ),  migrated the
> data and upgraded to a newer server all with no hitch.
> We did have the talented Jeff Clement to steer the show as well.
> We stuck to Linux ( Fedora Core 5 ) rather than move to IIS.

I'm curious.

Why FC5?

It's fine for a desktop, but has some shortcomings as a server platform.

The key one being shorter support lifespan.

Why not one of the free Red Hat Enterprise Linux distros, which are
source and binary compatible with RHEL 4+ and have 5+ years of
guaranteed support coverage?

For instance:

 http://www.centos.org/

All free ISO downloads and totally open source, like FC5.

Cheers,

Con Zymaris

- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry cluster.)