[Moodle] New to Moodle - me that is`

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 28 08:47:04 EST 2006

Groups are a way by which you can have several classes enrolled in the
same course. Great for team teaching/resource sharing. Groups can either
see one another - for discussions, workshops wikis etc, or be isolated.
Here is a screen shot of the group screen in my year 10 exam course.

Laurie

Alan Oh wrote:
> Dear fellow moodle’lers.
>

> Can someone please shed some light on groups in moodle.
>

> Basically, in Windows AD, I have the teachers and students groups. This
> appears to be working fine in moodle where teachers are allowed to
> create courses and not students. However in Forums, if I were to hide the
>
> *Visible to students:*
>

> parameter, those logged in as teachers can’t see the forum either. How
> do I get the teacher group to see the forum and not the students ?
>

> Thanks in anticipation.
>

> Regards
>
> ALan

> Curriculum and Assessment Authority and
> http://www.vitta.org.au <http://www.vitta.org.au> - VITTA Victorian

> DISCLAIMER:  This email and any files transmitted with it are
> confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
> to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
> please delete it immediately and notify the system administrator on
> postmaster at wcc.vic.edu.au <mailto:postmaster at wcc.vic.edu.au>.
>
> WARNING: Although the college has taken reasonable precautions to ensure
> no viruses are present in this email, the college cannot accept
> responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email
> or attachments.

Laurie Savage
Student Assessment, Reporting and Tracking
Pascoe Vale Girls College, Pascoe Vale, Vic, AU
+613 9306 2544