[Year 12 IT Apps] Access Question

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at westnet.com.au
Thu May 30 19:19:50 EST 2013

Hello Jarrod

I found two problems with the db you sent:
1. the easy one: on the order form, the field labelled 're-enter cost' is not bound. I bound it to the 'cost' field (click on the field, click properties, select source)
2. the not so easy: When you enter data into a form, Access does not send it to the underlying table until you move to another record or close the form (that's as I understand but it may be more complicated than that!). So, once I had done 1 above, records were saved if I closed the form or started a new record. If I did neither of these things, then when the view all was clicked it appeared the data had not been saved. One fix is to place a 'requery' command after the save command in the approve macro. This has the side effect of moving the record pointer back to the first record but maybe that's ok.

Regards
Robert T-A