[Year 12 IT Apps] Happy New Year - with new Secondary School Programs

Bianca van Meeuwen bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au
Tue Feb 5 11:16:36 EST 2013

Hello all,

Happy New Year and welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful break and feel refreshed and revived.

The university closed for two weeks, which gave me a good break too. While you were enjoying your well-deserved breaks a little longer, we have been busy developing a new ICT Secondary School Support Program for 2013<http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/?utm_source=schools-edulists-welcome-email&utm_medium=edulists&utm_content=schools-edulists-welcome-email&utm_campaign=schools-edulists-welcome>.

We are excited to be adding four new programs to our existing suite of activities. The new events for this year are:

*         IT Taster Day

Students in years 7-10 are invited to spend a day at Swinburne where they will get involved in interactive programming and design workshops, hear from inspirational speakers and have the opportunity to hear from ICT students.

*         Telecommunications Tour

The telecommunications tour will include an interactive workshop, a tour of Victoria's largest telecommunications museum and an opportunity to hear about courses and careers in ICT.

*         Business IT Day

This day will include two interactive workshops focusing on how IT is used in today's business world. Students will also have the opportunity to hear about courses and careers in ICT.

*         Games Day

Swinburne's Games day is an exciting day where students explore various stages of game making. The day will include interactive workshops and an opportunity to hear about courses and careers for skilled games developers.

Some of our new events can only take a limited number of students, so we advise you to book in early. We do offer the option to book custom events this year, so not to worry if a scheduled day is fully booked.

Our brochures will be posted this week. We will be sending a copy to each school in Victoria, addressing careers advisers and/or IT coordinators. If you haven't received our Secondary Schools Support brochure by 15 February, check with your careers adviser/IT coordinator to see if they have received a copy or contact me. For more information, the latest schedules and to register, keep an eye on our website<http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/?utm_source=schools-edulists-welcome-email&utm_medium=edulists&utm_content=schools-edulists-welcome-email&utm_campaign=schools-edulists-welcome>.

We look forward to seeing you (again) this year!

Regards,

Bianca van Meeuwen
ICT Outreach & Marketing Officer
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218 John Street
Hawthorn 3122

bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au<mailto:bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au>
p: 9214 8768
f: 9819 5993
m: 0416 931 105

The right choice

[Description: c:\Temp\XPgrpwise\IMAGE_160.png]<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=212142299992>[Description: c:\Temp\XPgrpwise\IMAGE_161.png]<http://www.swinburne.edu.au/twitter>  [Description: c:\Temp\XPgrpwise\IMAGE_162.png] <http://www.swinburne.edu.au/youtube>  [Description: c:\Temp\XPgrpwise\IMAGE_163.png] <http://podcasts.swinburne.edu.au/itunesu/>