[Year 12 IT Apps] ITA U3O2 SAC

Simone Tynan Simone.Tynan at shcy.vic.edu.au
Sat May 12 18:47:38 EST 2012

Hi all.
Just looking at U3O2 sac. My students are starting it this week.
I am having difficulty with the vagueness of the question on queries:
  "Construct and produce a range of queries to effectively retrieve required information and to produce reports that would satisfy the needs of the organisation." (Taken from Study Design)
What is the standard expectation?

If a student produced a query for customer addresses and another for money owed by customers, would that be sufficient to get a good mark?

Would it be wrong to explicitly ask for several different queries? eg "Write a query which would retrieve information about what products each customer bought?"

Any help/suggestions along these lines would be appreciated.
Thanks
Simone

Simone Tynan
eLearning Leader