[Year 12 IT Apps] Dreamweaver tutorials

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Jan 18 11:26:36 EST 2012

Hi Chris.

Bowden's Guided Computer Tutorials (PDF format - http://gct.com.au) are
reliable and cover Dreamweaver versions 5 and 5.5.  I use this, and others
of his tutorials regularly to get kids warmed up for outcomes.  They're not
free ($165 for multiuser licence), but it's far easier than spending ages
reinventing the wheel yourself, and then having to do it all over again
when the next version comes out.

But having said that, creating one's own tutorials is a powerful way to
really consolidate your own knowledge of a tool, and ponder how best to
sequence the content as you teach it.  This is why I originally created the
vceit.com site; I found that if I could explain a theory topic clearly in
writing, it meant I understood it enough to teach it effectively.  Teaching
a topic forces one to face up to one's areas of ignorance and confusion and
clean them up.

There have been several times I really had to struggle through a morass of
hazy understanding of key knowledge (e.g. networking, project management,
Use Case Diagrams in SD) before I could finish a slideshow so it actually
made concise and coherent sense. Once I could finish the slideshow, I knew
I could teach the topic.

Cheers
Mark

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist <http://www.edulists.com.au/>

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. - Louis
Hector Berlioz