[Year 12 IT Apps] Data visualisation for study results

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 21:07:50 EST 2011

Thank you Kevork and Paula,

It was exciting to get a student up to 40. Like many, an ESL student (year
11 too!).  Another particular student often rode his skateboard late into
my class. After a friendly high-five and secret handshake as he glided
past, it was easy to chat to him on a regular basis about stuff like
reading notes, listening to my questions, making summaries and doing past
examinations (again, again and again!), about just sticking it out as he
was going to have so much fun in 2012 at Uni. Crikey, this really made my
day when I spotted that his score was over 35. :-)

Regards Roland

On 20 December 2011 09:17, Christophersen, Paula P <
christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

>  Dear colleagues****
>
> ** **
>
> Here’s another good example of data visualisation at work regarding study
> scores over 40.****
>
> ** **
>

> http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/in-a-class-of-their-own-alternative-rhythms-of-the-bright-20111219-1p2jj.html
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> And congratulations to all the hard working students (and their teachers)
> who scored 40 and above in IT apps and Software development.****
>
> ** **
>
> Regards****
>
> Paula****
>
> ** **
>
> Paula Christophersen****
>
> ICT Curriculum Manager****
>
> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment****
>
> Authority****
>
> (03) 9651 4378****
>
> ** **

> and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early
> Childhood Development.

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority <br>
> Teachers Association Inc <br>

 <http://globe.gov/about/>  <http://www.ictev.vic.edu.au/>
<http://www.google.com/educators/gta.html> Roland
Gesthuizen - Learning Technologies Coordinator
Keysborough Secondary College <http://www.keysboroughsc.vic.edu.au>, Acacia
Campus

B.App.Sci., M.Ed.(ICT), ACCE Professional Associate, Educator of the year
2010

*"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can
change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead*

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College