[Year 12 IT Apps] Year 12 Info Tech

WILKIE. John wilkjoh1 at lavalla.vic.edu.au
Thu Dec 8 09:29:24 EST 2011

I really like to emphasis the teaching of creativity and thinking skills. I endorse and encourage the 'think outside the box' mentality.

Unfortunately I have to keep reminding myself that if students haven't encountered these qualities before, how can I expect to see it in a classroom. If they haven't heard Mozart or seen Picasso, or even used their own legs to run a marathon, how can I expect them to yield something of that nature.

The Industrial Revolution saw robots take over many jobs. The Digital Revolution, in my opinion, will remove a number of our white collar jobs.

So if all we have done is teach the use of the present, how are these people going to cope with the future?