[Year 12 IT Apps] Need ideas! - Trying again...

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 29 12:18:41 EST 2010

Hi all.  Please ignore the previous email.  I don't know what keys I
accidentally pressed, but gMail decided I wanted to send the mail before I'd
finished it.  Trying again...

Part of U3O2 next year is "Techniques for acquiring data via websites" and
I'm getting brain drain trying to work out a variety of methods.

All I can think of is:

   - Participating in a web forum
   - Using online chat
   - Filling in a web form to request information from the site operator or
   other person (e.g.Further information about an item on sale at an auction
   site.)
   - Downloading a PDF file
   - Reading a webpage, blog etc to get information
   - Use FTP to download a file from a site
   - Use a media player to play a video from a site
   - Use an RSS feed to get data pushed to you

Any others that you can think of?

Manager Information Systems
Reporting Manager
IT Learning Area Manager

McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204
Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: +613 8520 9085
Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

For no reason, my friend became a square, flat surface with four legs. I
rushed him to hospital. His condition is table.