[Year 12 IT Apps] REVIEW OF VCE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, SUMMARYOF PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE STUDY DESIGN

margaret.lawson at konstantkaos.net margaret.lawson at konstantkaos.net
Wed Aug 19 12:18:11 EST 2009

Geoff

Great points, my knowledge of the VCE is that none of the subjects except
maybe LOTE have prerequisites. What do we do at the moment? work like hell
to make sure that the kids are upto speed before we start the "real
course". Perhaps  we ought to be looking at Units 1-4 as entire course of
study rather than U3/4 as a convenient Year 11 Unit 3/4 study. Worth
discussing!

The extra database task in U3 is a test, is it not? So it isn't an
extended SAC task such as the one we currently do. I think that two
extended tasks would have been too much, but I think that the test will
work well.

:)

Margaret