[Year 12 IT Apps] Any ideas please

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mon Apr 20 10:59:09 EST 2009

Hi Joe,

 I never thought anyone would ask .....
Way back in 2005 I posted to the list exactly that process. A keyword search at www.edulists.com.au for "Mail merge with a difference -- via email  " will bring up the message.
 Things are a lot easier now with the option to mail merge to email in the options when setting up your mail merge in say Word.

Take Care

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
http://www.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mobile: 0419 356 034

>>> "Said, Joseph J" <said.joseph.j at edumail.vic.gov.au> 20/04/2009 10:04 am >>>
Dear List

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to solve a problem for a friend of mine.

He needs to mail merge a large number of employees in his workplace and then send out individual emails with the data from the mail merge. Does anyone know of a way to mailmerge into a email and then to be able to hit send once which will then send out individual emails with each persons details on each email.

The mail merge part is standard, but I am not sure of getting it into an email (apart from attaching the word files to each seperate email and sending them individually, which is a problem when you have 500 employees)

 thanks in advance for any suggestions

Joe Said

Rosehill Secondary College
ICT Teacher