[Year 12 IT Apps] OT GIMP

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 23:32:01 EST 2008

There is a good workshop about Inkscape and Gimp at the VITTA conference and
hands-on workshops are in the pipeline. I was able to use it last week to
"tidy up" our old school logo for our 45th reunion from a cruddy old bitmap
scan to a super, high resolution SVG.

For an inkling (groan) of what Inkscape can do without installing the
software and learning all the secret tricks .. check out
http://www.befunky.com that uses the same open source engine for some of the
key functions .. you will get the idea why this is so engaging for students
when they can use a free local client that has more functionality (and is
happy to run on Win, OSX or Linux desktops)

Regards Roland