[Year 12 IT Apps] Blogs for Students

Joseph Papaleo josephpapaleo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:19:07 EST 2008

Hi Bill

I used a class blog (edublogs) for a limited time during our "Head Start"
program.  I put resources up (eg their year program) and some newspaper
articles that I asked them to comment on.  I made each a contributor so they
could experience the "behind the scenes" aspect of blog writing.  They then
learnt to use RSS for a time.  At the beginning of this year, the blog
"died", but the wiki that had been set up survived throughout the year.

The blog experience, even though "unsuccessful" was valuable in gaining
experience for the U3O2 task.

Hope this helps.

Joseph Papaleo
Ivanhoe Grammar School
Plenty campus

2008/11/6 Bill Turner <turner.william.s at edumail.vic.gov.au>

>  Hi Everyone,
>

> In U3 O2 of ITA we have all looked at collaborative tools, one of which is
> a blog.
>

> Has anyone managed to use blogs effectively for students in their school?
> How has it been set up? Do you use 'edublogs' or maintain the blogs
> internally?
>

> Appreciate any advice
>

> Bill

> and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early Childhood
> Development.

Joseph Papaleo

Twitter: jpapaleo
Blog: Computers & 21C Eduk8n - http://papajo.edublogs.org