[Year 12 IT Apps] RE:Google tools

Jenny Looker JLO at cgsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 5 13:12:57 EST 2008

I set up a googledocs spreadsheet with the yr 8's questions about how users used MySpace (eg Is your mother one of your MySpace friends? Have you used the 'truthbox'). In this semester they do a bit about spreadsheet functions and previous years have collected data through personal interview. Collation in class was horrendous!!! I have made myself the only one with access to the online spreadsheet in Google, but emailed the form to each of the students and asked them to forward it to friends and relations to get a decent sample size. Googledocs collates all the data for you-it's great for this sort of project work. The blog is good too for covering the VELS requirement abt online communication tools. I seem to be able to manage this blog better than the one in Moodle-the earlier version anyway.
Jenny Looker

Canterbury Girls Secondary College

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education.