[Year 12 IT Apps] machine handmedowns..and OC1/OC2 query..

ken price kenjprice at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:23:07 EST 2008

It can be hard to get rid of old computers.

A few years back I used to catch a train near Salford University in the UK.
One morning as I went to work I noticed that the Uni had placed about 30 old
computers and monitors on trestle tables in their car park, with a sign on
them "FREE - PLEASE TAKE AS MANY AS YOU LIKE"

When I came home that night, the computers and monitors were still there but
all the trestle tables had been taken....

Ethical disposal of old computers is a more complex process than it appears
at first.

kp