[Year 12 IT Apps] Access qn..

Mike Brookes mikeb at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Feb 20 21:01:42 EST 2008

Hi All
The reason why Access won't let you put a calculated field in a table is
probably because it isn't considered Kosher to store data in a table
that can be calculated from other fields in the database hence making
the field redundant.
The accepted method is to use either a calculated field in a query if
your form/report is based on more than one table or as a textbox in the
form/report with the control source property set to the appropriate
expression.

Mike Brookes
Chief cook and bottlewasher Copperfield college