[Year 12 IT Apps] An access query question...

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 19 16:31:48 EST 2008

Ok folks, can I seek your help please about an on topic question?
Currently working through a sample database which many are probably familiar with. The Simco sample task.
My problem is that I am struggling to get from a query the 'Age' figure. ie DOB subtracted from current year via a query is the method I've tried. Used the method from the Microsoft help site but that uses a form...great, but not quite what I need and yes, I got that one to work.

I have set up a table with DOB of the type date/time using 'short date' but just cant quite get a query to calculate an age using the above info.

Would it be simpler if I just added a column to my tables and tried via a validation statement although having tried that without success I am beginning to wonder..

Ok..so I aint no genius...I know what I am trying to do...just falling a little short here..

Any ideas folks?

HOWS ZAT?  Completely ON TOPIC...woohooo..

Kent.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

|<3|\|7  b3\/3r1D93 ?  ;-)

Wishes and Eggs, one you make and one you break!  A bit like promises.....
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."