[Year 12 IT Apps] The Digital Document Quarterly

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Apr 11 20:11:00 EST 2008

From:   H.M. Gladney <hgladney at PACBELL.NET>
Date:   Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:38:15 -0700
Subject:   Digital Document Quarterly 7(1) is available

Digital Document Quarterly 7(1) is available

The Digital Document Quarterly newsletter volume 7 number 1 is available
at http://home.pacbell.net/hgladney/ddq_7_1.htm.  Its table of contents is
available at http://home.pacbell.net/hgladney/ddq.htm#Y2008.

As has become a recurring pattern, the top level topics of this DDQ number
include Digital Preservation, Epistemology, News, Practical Matters, and
Price Watch.  A less usual column is Open Access, identifying the giant
book digitization initiatives announced recently.

The character of DDQ is evolving to include a far greater ratio of links
to text than when the newsletter began 6 years ago.  I hope that readers
will find this useful.

One squib, A Software Engineering Contribution, engendered a surprising
amount of criticism and debate among some of the colleagues who preview
each DDQ number.  I wonder whether readers will find it as controversial
as these colleagues did, and invite comment on this (as well as anything
else in DDQ).

Cheerio, Henry

H.M. Gladney, Ph.D.  http://home.pacbell.net/hgladney

 --