[Year 12 IT Apps] Nelson SAC 2 - a few findings from use

Colin SUTTON oz.sutton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:55:32 EST 2007

After use of Nelson SAC 2 Superior Autos I have these thoughts:

The SAC is OK but I'm glad I changed marking a little and added Question 7 -
but some found this hard (actually knowing four key facts and purpose! and
were unsure of TEST plan details.)

A few thoughts on a few questions:

Q5a Identify THE process described above.

There were TWO processes identified (archive AND disposal) – but students
who only identified ONE should be given the 1 mark as they DID answer the
question the way it was asked!.

I would reword the question to:
Identify the processES described above.

Reword Q5b to something like:
Identify at least one weakness and one strength of the above strategy.
Identify at least three altogether.

if you awarded 3 marks as I did (four for 4).

Reword Q6b to:

Something like:
Identify at least one weakness and one strength of the above strategy.

- if you awarded 2 marks as I did (tree for 3 lime my reworded Q5b)

I'm also glad I gave students an extra page – most used it a bit.

Regards

COLIN

(And I don't have any cute byline at the end - but I know a few good
Collingwood jokes - but then who doesn't!)