[Year 12 IT Apps] Solutions to Potts SACS

Bane, Janet A bane.janet.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Sep 17 17:13:02 EST 2007

I have been endeavouring to get solutions to the Potts SACS available on their website.  Its becoming a bit of a saga now but basically their latest reply to my request is as follows:

Dear Janet,

There are no answers provided for these two Unit 4 SACs. This is because the students response to each SAC will differ depending on what was taught in class, the software used, and the expectations of the teachers. It is much better if the teacher themselves come up with the criteria for assessment as they know what they are expecting from the students.

Kind regards,

Lee-Ann Woon
Marketing Coordinator
Secondary Education Publishing

I am very disappointed with this response, as not only do I feel that its inaccurate (SAC 2 does not rely on any knowledge of a specific software type) but I feel its a bit of a cop out from the authors/publishers, who promised teacher support, (not just student support) when I booklisted the text.  I'm not looking for "full on" detailed answers, just some gentle reassurance that I'm on the right track and that I haven't missed anything important.

What do others think?  Any suggestions as to what we can do about it?

Janet Bane

Patterson River Secondary College