[Year 12 IT Apps] Vitta practice exams -- from the Administrator

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Wed Sep 12 14:12:37 EST 2007

Vitta practice examsDear Paul,

  No doubt you have already seen the response from the Edulists community regarding the copyright breach of sending VITTA practice exams and solutions to the IT Apps list.

  It was only a few days ago where we had another breach of commercial intellectual property being circulated to the list, in the form of a SAC.

  I will say it again, Netiquette rules are sent to all subscribers and are also published at www.edulists.com.au to remind subscribers of their obligations. The welcome message also states quite clearly that prospective subscribers can unsubscribe if these rules do not suit them. Rule no. 5 again , states :

5. recognise ownership of intellectual resources

 By sending a commercial product of some $180 or so in value in its entirety to the list comprising some 500 plus subscribers is a pretty huge liability you have left yourself open to. At a rough guess, the potential impact is a loss of what, $90,000 for VITTA ???

Edulists cannot protect subscribers from their own actions.

I have removed the email from the archives of Edulists but I cannot remove emails from subscribers' mailboxes once delivered.

 I think in your own interests, it would pay to make a public apology to VITTA for this breach of copyright and also to implore all those who do have these exams and solutions in their mailboxes to NOT use it unless it has been purchased legitimately.

I hope I don't have to repeat this request to ALL subscribers to not breach copyright provisions in the future.

Rather sadly yours

Kevork Krozian
Edulists Creator and Administrator
www.edulists.com.au