[Year 12 IT Apps] VITTA Practice Exam 2 Multiple Choice Question 6

jtabone at aitkencollege.edu.au jtabone at aitkencollege.edu.au
Wed Sep 12 13:40:52 EST 2007

Hi all

Just to let everyone know, I posted two questions regarding
clarification to the solutions VITTA Exam Sample 2 - can you please
note that I purchased the copies of the VITTA exam papers and I feel
I need to clarify this due to the unfortunate timing on my
questions.

Cheers

Joyce Tabone
Aitken College

On 12.09.2007 at 10:48:20, jtabone at aitkencollege.edu.au wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Can you please give me some clarification to the VITTA Practice
> Sample Exam Multiple Choice question 6:
>
> A real estate agency that is closing down would like to sell its
> client database to another agency in order to recoup some of its
> losses.  What privacy legsilation should influence the real estate
> agency's decision
>
> A) Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000
> B) Health Records Act 2001
> C) Privacy Act 1988
> D) Information Privacy Act 2000
>
> The solutions suggest that A) is the correct answer
>
> However I was of the understanding the this provision is now
> included/incorporated within the Privacy Act 1988 (see following
an
> excerpt taken from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner website
>
> And the correct answer should be C) -
>
> Have I taught my students incorrectly?
>
> Your thoughts would be appreciated.  Thank you
>
> Joyce Tabone
> Aitken College
>
> According to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner:
> http://www.privacy.gov.au/business/index.html
>
> The Privacy Act 1988:
>
> "This section of the web site contains information relevant to
> organisations covered by the private sector provisions of the
Privacy
> Act.
>
> The private sector provisions of the Privacy Act apply to
> organisations (including not-for-profits) with an annual turnover
of
> more than $3 million. The provisions also apply to all health
service
> providers regardless of turnover and some small businesses with an
> annual turnover of $3 million or less."

> Privileged or Confidential information may be contained in this
message.
> If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible for
> delivery of this message to such person), you may not copy or
distribute this
> message. In such case destroy this message and please notify the
> sender by email, or call Craig Brooks (LAN Administrator) at Aitken
College
> on (+61 3) 9333 1866. Thank-you

http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.auvce/studies/infotech/itapplications3-4.html
- Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and
Teachers Association Inc