[Year 12 IT Apps] IT Staff development

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Wed Oct 3 11:29:30 EST 2007

If your staff are anything like mine, here are some simple things
they could learn (never underestimate the lack of computer
skills in the average teacher):

* Not to use the space bar to center/indent text in a word
* processor
* How to use styles in wordprocessors
* Generate footnotes/TOC etc
* Using a spreadsheet to manage lists and sort stuff
* Using a spreadsheet for grades
* Use the outliner and default styles in Powerpoint to create
* "nice" powerpoints quickly
* Use the outliner in a wordprocessor to create structured
* documents
* Organise their files on the C: & H: drives.
* Email management and filters ...
* Standard, universal fonts for clarity and accessibilty
* Optimising digital photographs for web and document use.

It doesn't hurt to visit these things every year or so!

Laurie

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 12:51:52PM +1000, Lappin, Jason M mentioned:
> Hi List
> As a part of my allotment for next term I have to run a series of PD sessions for the staff at my school. Has anyone else done something similar?
> I plan on making them as interactive as possible and to cater for all ability levels.
> Has anyone done anything similar?
> If so, would you be able to share some ideas?
> Cheers
> Jason Lappin

Laurie Savage