[Year 12 IT Apps] OT Interactive whiteboard

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 29 18:29:35 EST 2007

Hi all,

Actually having taught with an IWB AND a tablet pc in my year 12 & 10
classes last year at the school I was at then - I wonder what extra
stuff an IWB can do as opposed to a tablet pc linked to a digital
projector? Does it actually prepare your classes and mark the roll too?

It would be an interesting exercise to compare - IWB vs
tabletPC+projector - because I can't see what an IWB could do more than
a tablet pc, but maybe that is just my ignorance (and believe me I can
be very ignoramous!!) Although I do know that if you use the tablet you
can be anywhere in the room - no light shining in your eye - you can
even be at the back of the room if you like if you use a wireless link.

Is there anyone out there who has the luxury of having a tablet pc
program AND interactive whiteboards? If so please let me know how they
compare :)

Not that either is an option for me - if I could just have 27 computers
which are not 4 years old, which worked, in a classroom with 27 mice and
27 keyboards for my 27 kids, and if my kids were NOT limited to educache
(ie they cant even get google) THAT would be a luxury, cos atm there are
about 19 computers that work, and about 15 mice and about 17 keyboards -
I carry around spare mice which I bought at officeworks in my bag!

Oh well - school here finishes on the 13th - thank you james hardie for
those "asbestos free" days we are about to receive!!

Cheers

Roslyn Meadows
ICT Coordinator
Head of Assessment and Reporting
Bentleigh Secondary College | 9579 1044 | 0412 614 062