[Year 12 IT Apps] Re: OT Interactive whiteboard

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 29 14:35:39 EST 2007

Our school has one. It just gets used as a glorified data projection
screen. Being used that way, all it offers is the disadvantages of
clicks not registering where they're supposed to (calibration always
drifts), and teachers being blinded by the projector. (Supposedly this
is actually a serious OHS risk of these devices. In my opinion they
should switch to back-projection.)   I suppose if you had good IWB
software resources and a well-behaved group of students, it could be
quite innovative but that's not what I've seen at my school.

Personally I'd rather have one of those whiteboards from the 90s where
you can print out what you've drawn with ordinary pens, but altered to
supply digital image files via bluetooth or on the LAN-- I often take
photos of the board with my Mac but it's a bit inconvenient that way.

Russell Edwards
Whittlesea Secondary College