[Year 12 IT Apps] System Flow Charts

Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Fri Nov 2 16:44:30 EST 2007

Hello Mark

I think one key point is the one you quoted "...They were once the primary
tool for documenting systems; however, data flow diagrams are often used
instead ...". When I was looking through my refs I did wonder how wide
spread the use of system flow charts is in 2007.

and just on this point: "I would recommend that the next study design's
glossary is clearer on defining such subtle differences...including the
effective difference between the SDLC and the Problem Solving Methodology" I
do think the glossary may need to be prepared with more care but more
importantly, I think it needs to be much more extensive, in effect becoming
a reference. One of the things that I find really frustrating is the number
of times on this list discussions start up just like this one about what is
X, and 101 opinions about what X is appear. And we should not have to rely
on opinions! We need a reference that covers the entire course and that has
the VCAA imprimatur. Then at least we will all know where we stand.

Regards
Robert T-A