[Year 12 IT Apps] FW: room change

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Mar 28 13:48:33 EST 2007

We have the moodle message "hacked" so that it automatically and immediately emails every message so people
get the message either online or in their inbox.  Thus we d not have to reply on staff visiting moodle alone,
they also get the students request by email BUT have to reply through moodle as they are not told the students
email address.
Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
mailto:admin at cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617

moodle/ message/ lib.php
///commented out the lines that check the users preferences and the online staus so that all messages get seny
by email immediately

/// Check to see if anything else needs to be done with it

    $preference = (object)get_user_preferences(NULL, NULL, $userto->id);

///    if (!empty($preference->message_emailmessages)) {  // Receiver wants mail forwarding    Commented out
by DIG to force all message to be emailed
///        if ((time() - $userto->lastaccess) > ((int)$preference->message_emailtimenosee * 60)) { //
            $message = stripslashes_safe($message);
            $tagline = get_string('emailtagline', 'message', $SITE->shortname);

            $messagesubject = message_shorten_message(strip_tags($message), 30).'...';

            $messagetext = format_text_email($message, $format).
                           "\n\n--\n".$tagline."\n"."$CFG->wwwroot/message/index.php?popup=1";

            if ($preference->message_emailformat == FORMAT_HTML) {
                $messagehtml  = format_text($message, $format);
                $messagehtml .= '<hr /><p><a
href="'.$CFG->wwwroot.'/message/index.php?popup=1">'.$tagline.'</a></p>';
            } else {
                $messagehtml = NULL;
            }

            $userto->email = $preference->message_emailaddress;   // Use custom messaging address
            email_to_user($userto, $userfrom, $messagesubject, $messagetext, $messagehtml);
 ///       }  ommented out by DIG to force all message to be emailed
 ///   }   Commented out by DIG to force all message to be emailed

    return $savemessage->id;

  _____