[Year 12 IT Apps] FW: room change

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:51:38 EST 2007

I guess that it is just part of how we work, no one method suits every need
or is 'better' than another. Students either page me with the Moodle chat
option or post an e-mail with our Internal e-mail system (soon to be
upgraded to Zimbra).

I answer the door if somebody says hello, read my faxes and snail mail
standing over a rubbish bin, answer the phone if somebody calls and ..
(sigh) read my e-mail when and where I can. The office enjoys paging me over
the school PA system (my difficult to correctly pronounce name has devolved
to Mr G), my colleagues enjoy sticking bits of yellow paper on my monitor
and forests fall as others fill up my pigeon hole. A collaborative and
integrated team effort, each to his own modus operatus.  My productivity and
pace has gone up, my attention span has decreased.

I explain taht e-mail is the new snail mail and I may take a day or two to
get back to them, phone only if I am near a phone or call my mobile if
urgent (* chime sound *) .. must go another e-mail to read.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au