[Year 12 IT Apps] OT: Computer rollover

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Aug 8 21:50:55 EST 2007

Most schools do actually levy charges for other "addons", particularly
for practical / elective subjects, so user-pays isn't limited to
Internet access.
Many of us do now view net access as an essential and indispensable part
of available educational resources, however this isn't always
appreciated by those who haven't taught in the net age and now
administer. They often only see it as a cost.
I / we decided not to charge students for it when it became obvious that
charging for access was hampering the delivery of the curriculum.
Cameron