[Year 12 IT Apps] Unit 4 Outcome 1 Task 3

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Aug 7 09:36:32 EST 2007

FreeMind is great! And CHEAP!
Try this tutorial
http://www.open-of-course.org/freemind-tutorial.html

Cheers
Ros

	 Roslyn Meadows
Bentleigh Secondary College
9579 1044
0412 614 062
-----Original Message-----
From: itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Brendyn Hancock
Sent: Tuesday, 7 August 2007 9:08 AM
To: Year 12 IT Applications Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Year 12 IT Apps] Unit 4 Outcome 1 Task 3

All

Does anyone use FreeMind?
Does anyone have links or resources that would help a new user get
underway?

Thanks

Brendyn

Brendyn Hancock
IT Manager
bhancock at nagle.sale.catholic.edu.au
Nagle College
5152 6122
Bairnsdale VIC 3875

>>> "Christophersen, Paula P"
<christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au> 16/07/2007 12:44 pm >>>
The study design requires the students to record their decisions and
actions when creating a solution to the problem. I don't think they
need
to tediously record every decision made for the stages of the
problem-solving methodology, but rather to identify some key decisions
that had to be made (e.g. what form of user documentation) and what
actions they took (how did they carry out the decision) when solving
the
problem. The evaluation of their problem solving strategies could be
also recorded in this visual representation (for example, a
bubble/callout could house a comment, such as 'my decision to create
'x'
allows the user to simultaneously view documentation advice and their
own solution ...'

Students could, for example, use the following approach (of course,
they
would make it look visually appealing!):

 Decision                        Options
Action
            Impact of decision/action

(list the decision)           (record available options)
(indicate action taken - could colour code option selected)
(evaluation component)

Regards

Paula

Paula Christophersen