[iOS] Bringing back ICT - Overturning a decline in ICT students

Bianca van Meeuwen bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au
Mon Jun 25 17:07:39 EST 2012

Bringing back ICT - Overturning a decline in ICT students

There was a recent article titled "Jobs go begging as students shun IT courses<http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/jobs-go-begging-as-students-shun-it-courses-20120612-208be.html>" in The Age that the number of students studying ICT in Year 11 and 12 and at university has decreased so dramatically that many Australian ICT jobs remain vacant. Many of you will be aware of this problem, seeing the number of students in your classrooms drop each year.

As a response, an associate professor at the University of Sydney said that universities and schools needed to work together to address the problem. We are very proud of our secondary school support program, which aims to raise awareness and create interest in ICT careers and courses. The faculty of ICT has been working with Victorian schools for more than 4 years and supports teachers and students by offering curriculum enrichment programs. We are committed to raising awareness and educating students about the possibilities and opportunities in the ICT industry. If you would like to know more about our secondary school support program, please visit our website.

http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools

Regards,

Bianca van Meeuwen
ICT Outreach & Marketing Officer
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218 John Street
Hawthorn 3122

bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au<mailto:bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au>
p: 9214 8768
f: 9819 5993
m: 0416 931 105

The right choice

[Description: Description: c:\Temp\XPgrpwise\IMAGE_160.png]<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=212142299992>[Description: Description: c:\Temp\XPgrpwise\IMAGE_161.png]<http://www.swinburne.edu.au/twitter>  [Description: Description: c:\Temp\XPgrpwise\IMAGE_162.png] <http://www.swinburne.edu.au/youtube>  [Description: Description: c:\Temp\XPgrpwise\IMAGE_163.png] <http://podcasts.swinburne.edu.au/itunesu/>