[Gifted and Talented] Opportunity: PHP and MySQL Holiday Program
jo at vitta.org.au
Thu Mar 4 13:02:46 EST 2010
Dear Edulist Subscribers (and apologies for crossposts)
PHP and MySQL Holiday program
This is a one day version of Kevork's popular PHP and MySQL module. It is designed for those who can't get to Forest Hill after school during the term.
It has been specifically designed particularly for teachers in rural and regional areas. The benefits of PHP and MySQL include:
• PHP is one of the approved programming languages in Software Development
• PHP combined with MySQL can be used for years 8 to 12 VCE & VET teachers, including at Year 11 for Database Programming
• PHP can be used to program mobile devices.
The sessions delivered by Kevork Krozian, an experienced teacher and author. The day is tailored to fit the beginner, intermediate or advanced person, with notes and exercises ready for participants at any proficiency level.
What is included?
* A copy of Kevork’s new book "PHP and MySQL for standard and mobile devices"
* software installation
* sample outcomes for teachers who are interested in delivering PHP and MySQL
* notes and exercises ready for participants at any proficiency level.
* refreshments are supplied.
What should I bring?
* Bring your laptop
* Please bring the confirmation email with you to the event.
DATE : Monday 29th March
TIME : 8.00 am to 5.00 pm
VENUE : Room S5 – IT Department, Forest Hills Secondary College, 178 - 180 Mahoneys Road, Burwood East, 3151
Melways Map: Melway 62 C6 PARKING There will be sufficient parking at Forest Hill College.
Click here for more information and to book
The Victorian Institute of Teaching requires that to renew their registration teachers must have completed a minimum amount of professional development activities within a given timeframe – currently phased up to 100 hours of recognised professional development activity over 5 years. Each session of this PD series will contribute 6 hours of recognised PD.
VITTA Professional Learning Officer
T: +61 3 9495 6836
F: +61 3 9495 6834
M: +61 (0) 402 087 017
E: jo at vitta.org.au
Suite 209, 134 - 136 Cambridge St,
PO Box 1099
Collingwood, VIC, 3066, Australia
Bookmark VITTA's Professional Learning Program 2010: http://vitta.org.au/events/category/training-events
Follow VITTALearning on twitter - http://twitter.com/VITTALearning
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the giftedandtalented